· Start a junior wheelchair basketball team. This team will compete in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association. Disabled kids can earn varsity letters from their high schools and athletic scholarships to major universities. We will continue to support The Moraine Minutemen and our Wednesday evening recreation team.
· Go throughout the area to develop “hot spots” at various recreation sites. These programs will be developed by the greatest need that is expressed at each location. We will work with the organization to find people and resources to start the program. These could be individual sports as well as team.
· Work with the local Veterans Administration Hospital on developing recreational opportunities for disabled veterans.
· Work with the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) on new initiatives so local athletes can compete in The Paralympics.
· Support local programs such as TOP Soccer and Challenger Baseball.
· Build awareness by meeting with groups to talk about disability awareness & therapeutic recreation.
· Support other organizations with exhibition events to raise funds for their organization and MVAS.
· Develop other ways to support recreational opportunities in the area as the need arises.
For more information on our program or initiatives contact us at MIAMIVALLEYADAPTEDSPORTS@YAHOO.COM.